1) Labor and delivery was a lot easier than I thought it would be, even though I did have to have a couple of interventions on me so that she would come a little faster. See, our little one is a bit of a diva and she had the cord wrapped around her neck. As she dropped through the birth canal, her heart rate continued to drop significantly and we had two choices. C-section immediately or allow a few interventions so that I could give her a couple good pushes and get her here quicker. Apparently I am a champion pusher so we went with option two. She's perfect and had no issues when she arrived!
2) The first two weeks were likely the worst I've had in years. I was very concerned that I had post partum depression. Between hormones, lack of sleep, extreme pain/discomfort due to issues invovled with #1, and the ups and downs of being a new Mommy, I was a wreck! I was completely unprepared for that period and thankfully, it was just a case of the baby blues. Week 3 came and I was just fine!
3) Jada is a great baby, even though she had her nights and days mixed up for ~5 weeks. She only cries when she gets her diaper changed, clothes changed, is hungry, or is in the bath. Otherwise she's pretty laid back. My favorite time is when she lays on her back kicking and punching. She makes noises like she's trying to talk and now she is focusing on objects. It's a lot of fun to see!
4) She needs to SLOW DOWN with this growing! She is currently in the 90th percentile for height and 91st for weight. She weighs 11 lbs, 5 oz. and is 22.5 inches long. She's going to be long and tall like her Mommy!
5) Breastfeeding is not as easy as people will make you believe. I had a lot of issues with it and finally started expressing and giving bottles in week 3. We're all doing much better in this department. I admire anyone who can breastfeed exclusively but this choice was better for my family. Now others can help feed and enjoy the experience and I do not feel like the family cow all the time. I do love being able to provide food for my child, I just don't think she has to be attached to me 24/7.
Okay, those are the few things I can think of to say right now! Below are some pictures to share for now. Have a great week!
|Robin and I take "professional" pictures of Jada at home. Isn't she cute!?|
|Leah was SO excited to hold the besties! Jada & Monroe, April 2011|
|Grandma J can't get enough of Jada! She's lovin' her some baby feet during the Tulip Time parade!|
|Getting a little stretch in before a diaper change. See that little smile??|
|Cuddles on Mother's Day morning. Forgive Mommy for looking a little tired...|