Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

I don't know about you, but I always take the weather reports with a grain of salt.  It always seems that weather people can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep their jobs.  The weather reports started talking about this storm over a week ago and I promptly ignored them but I have to admit, this time, they were right.  We got absolutely pummeled with snow yesterday!  It was so bad that all of the schools and Universities were closed, including where I work.  Even Robin came home at 1:00 and he only works a few miles from home.  Thank goodness I wasn't worried about going into labor.  My luck, I would have if I were closer to my due date.  I thought I would share some of the pictures I took through the day to illustrate how much snow fell throughout the day.

Tree in our back yard at 9 a.m.  Note you can still see the edge of the deck.
View of our trees in the front and the neighbor's house at 9 a.m.
A squirrel that showed up at about 11 a.m.

He dug and dug for a good 10 minutes, but he finally found one of his hidden nuts for lunch!


Oops!  Robin got stuck in the drive at about 1 p.m.


3 p.m. the snow REALLY started to fall!


Back yard at 3 p.m.  Where'd the deck go??


7 pm Stiiiiillllll snowing!
Feb. 2, 9:30 a.m.  Robin scooped the deck and a patch in the yard for our picky dog!
Feb. 2, 9 a.m.  We have one lane to get out of our neighborhood and I can't see our walkway at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment