Tuesday, March 22, 2011

38 Weeks!!

I don't have a lot to share other than a short story that I want our daughter to know one day.  Robin, don't kill me.

Last night Robin and I were nearing bedtime and I had just finished washing my face.  I walked back into our bedroom and Robin wasn't there but I heard him singing one of our favorite Josh Groban songs.  It happens to be very lullaby-like and one that he has sung many times before.  I didn't find this unusual at all, I just wondered where he was and what he was doing while singing that song.  I peeked out into the hall and the only light on was the one in the nursery.  When I walked down there, he was sitting in the rocker singing the song.  I smiled and asked what he was doing to which he replied, "Practicing."

I know I've said a million times how lucky I am to have found this guy, but times like these just melt my heart.  I just know this little girl is going to be a Daddy's girl and that's going to be a really fun thing to see!

After I posted this the first time on Facebook, I decided I'd add the song here so you can really picture what he was singing to our little girl.


Now, here's my 38 week picture.  I am officially getting nervous.  As I'm typing this, the hair is beginning to prickle at the back of my legs and I'm getting goose bumps on my arms.  I just hope that I'm a lot more calm when the time comes!

Woah Belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment