Monday, March 7, 2011

My Catch Up Post!

Week 36, just 4 more to go!!
I apologize for such a long absence.  I'd like to say I didn't have much to report but it really comes down to lack of creativity and a whole lot of exhaustion on my part.  Robin and I have forgotten to take pictures for a few weeks in a row but we remembered yesterday so here it is.  As you can likely tell, I'm 100% belly now.  The doctor reports that the baby is still head down but she seems to be lower than she had been most of my pregnancy.  I feel this daily as it often feels my pelvis is going to split!  The baby is extremely active now but thankfully it doesn't hurt, even when she finds my ribs.  It's mostly a shock sort of feeling.  I have a feeling she is going to be an eater.  She tends to be most active right after I eat or if I wait too long to eat.  As strange as this may sound, I feel like she is already developing a personality and I'm getting anxious to see what she looks like and how she acts.  I will say I'm still not at the point that I want this to be over.  I guess it's been too easy for me to feel that way!

I'll start a few weeks back.  We had my second baby shower on February 19th in Iowa.  My mom's BFFs got together and planned this all out.  It was amazing and I was not expecting it to be so big or so special.  I received a lot of really great things and I have to say this little one is already a lot more spoiled than I'd like her to be!  Haha!  As though her father won't spoil her anyway! 

That weekend was also Robin's birthday.  We celebrated both of our birthdays with my family on Saturday night since I hadn't seen them during my birthday.  I gave Robin a gift certificate for a massage.  I'm still waiting for him to use it.  He's earned a day of relaxation!  I can't tell you how thankful I am to have Robin in my life.  He does so much for me and for us to make our lives better.  Plus, he's a real handy kind of guy and I love that about him, even though he takes on too many projects at once in my opinion!  I'm very excited to see him as a Daddy, too.

In the weeks since then, we spent time organizing the baby's room and getting it mostly setup.  We finished decorating last week but I'll have to post pictures for you another time.  It isn't at all organized right now!  It turned out better than I ever imagined it could and it's exactly what I wanted.  Robin also finished tiling our guest bathroom which is going to be the baby's bathroom since it's next to her room.  He did such a great job!  I really love it and so far our guests have all said they loved it too.  I think he's very happy to now be down to just one project which is working on our basement.

That is the other thing that's been going on.  Robin started drywalling the basement in January with the help of our friend, Chris.  He comes twice a week after work, eats with us, helps with the basement, and stays overnight with us all for the cost of a good meal and some drinks.  The guys have made quite a bit of progress in such a short period of time.  I think they project that we'll have all of the drywall, taping, mudding, and sanding done my late March, possibly beginning of April.  Of course, that may get put off when the baby comes but it is still amazing to see the changes.  Unfortunately we can't afford to put in the flooring or furnishings right away but over time it will become another lounging area and adds quite a bit of space to our already large home.  We purchased a treadmill with part of our tax return and it is all set and ready for me to get back into the swing of daily workouts.  I can picture it now...baby in the bouncer, mommy walking on treadmill.  Good times!

I think that brings me to last weekend which was one of the best weekends I have had in a very long time.  Leah, her mom, and her mother in law planned a baby shower for us on Saturday.  My mom and grandma decided to come down for the weekend and they were to arrive Friday.  When they got to our house, my dad got out of the truck too.  I was surprised as no one told me he might be there.  The three of them walked in the house and we started to chat when mom said there was a knock on the door.  I went to open it and there was someone standing on our front stoop with their back to the door, hoodie pulled over their head.  It creeped me out but I slowly opened the door anyway and kept a little looser hold on our dog.  When she turned around, it was my sister!  She had secretly flown in from New Mexico and my family picked her up at the KC airport on the way to our house.  I was so shocked!  Apparently everyone was in on it, including Leah, but not one person gave me any indication.  It was a GREAT surprise!

I got to go shopping with Sarah, mom, and my grandma on Saturday morning then my best friend arrived early, making my already great weekend even better!  We had the shower which was amazing and beautiful.  I still can't believe how many people came.  I never expected such a response and I felt very humble that so many people care for us this much.  We had hours of fun getting to talk to our guests and spend time with lots of babies!  There were 7 babies there plus 4 of us who are pregnant.  I wasn't kidding when I said most of our friends seem to be having babies these days!  My sister also got to feel the baby roll over for the first time.  Her face was priceless!  I would pay a good bit of money to have had a picture or video of her reaction.

That evening we had dinner at a Chinese buffet and spent a good hour laughing so hard we were crying at the table.  I am so glad all of my family was able to get together and that my best friend, Sarah, was able to be there too.  I wish that I could see Sarah squared (my sister and my best friend) more often but it does make our times that much more special when I do see them.  I wish the weekend didn't have to end!

Finally, Robin and I went on baby bonanza shopping sprees yesterday to get the things we needed and hadn't gotten yet.  I wouldn't say it was not fun but it was a bit crunched for time so we'll have to go back tomorrow to get a few things we forgot.  If she came today though, the baby would have what she needs and that's what matters most.  Tonight my task is to wash all of the baby clothes, bedding, and blankets and get her room organized.  I actually can't wait!  I'm an organizing freak!  I also have one or two more things to get into my hospital bag and then I'm ready to go when Miss Sol decides to make her debut.

I hope all of you are doing well!  Just 4 more weeks until our due date and hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping you informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment